Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer
Community Benchmark is used by…
Job Title: Software Engineer – Full Stack Developer – Dedicated Contractor
Reporting To: Director of Operations
Primary Function: Lead software development and architecture of new features to fulfill our mission of providing actionable insights through data.
Capacity Expectations: Start with 10-15 flexible hours per week.
Compensation: Competitive Hourly Rate.
Contact: Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our purpose is to help small business communities thrive.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by delivering a service the wineries have wanted for a long time. Although sharing numbers with your peers and neighbors is a provocative concept, we have received unprecedented industry support and are rapidly becoming the wine industry standard.
We currently have around 650 users and will grow 2X in 2021.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble, curious, and accepting. We want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the Opportunity?
Are you attracted to small businesses or the wine industry? Are you interested in potentially owning the development while having access to co-founder and advisory engineers with over 45 years of experience? Are you interested in working with directly with a hustler Founder who has written code himself and understands the challenges of developing sustainable software? Do you get excited about delivering high-value features to passionate users that rely on your products to understand their business performance?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story and our explainer video. I’m looking for for an entrepreneurial developer who wants to spread their wings in a small but experienced team with a new ground breaking product. Let’s do this!
What will I be Doing?
At Community Benchmark, you will be a product engineer – someone who solves real customer small business data analysis problems. You’ll quickly become the lead developer where you will build both back-end and front-end systems, and work closely with our founding team including:
- Architect and build new features using Python /Django, React, and d3.
- Understand internal and customer requests and creatively implement those features into Community Benchmark production software
- Support our ongoing data integration efforts with various winery and point of sale systems.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role, preferably building a SaaS product. You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- 3+ years of Python required.
- Backend – Python 3, Django Framework, Postgres
- Working knowledge of: Git / GitHub, Jira, Docker (preferred, could live without)
- Experience collaborating directly with founding teams and designers, and a proven track record of delivering value to customers or users.
- Desire to plan, build, and own a complete software product.
- Experience (or interest) in some devops/server provisioning, deployment, and maintenance.
What are our Core Values?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture, i.e. the way we act, feel, and treat each other and our members. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.