Executive Assistant to the CEO
Community Benchmark is used by…
Job Title: Executive Assistant to the CEO – Full Time
Reporting To: CEO
Primary Function: Accelerate Founder and Team by quickly accomplishing various organizational tasks.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Health benefits, 401k and 3 weeks PTO. Equity participation may be included.
Contact: Email at email@example.com
Location: Remote + 4 Annual Meetings in Northern California wine country.
Our purpose is to help small business communities thrive.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by leading the data-driven revolution in the wine industry.
We grew 125% in 2021 and have over 400 wineries currently on our platform.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble, curious, and accepting. We want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the Opportunity?
We are a fast-paced, balanced, and team oriented technology startup. Do you want to be part of a quickly moving, open, no politics environment and have a huge impact on your company’s future? Do you want to gain exposure to a wide variety of tasks and activities every day that touch all aspects of a technology startup? Do you want to be a part of a hard-working team committed to being an extraordinary company?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story. I am building an authentic team with an invaluable mission. I am looking for a someone with hustle, initiative, and an entrepreneurial drive. Let’s do this!
What will I be Doing?
- This role also involves heavy collaboration with CEO and our 7 person team.
- Assist the CEO with ad hoc projects as needed, including the coordination of user group meetings, team off sites, board meetings and other team activities.
- Analyze and work to deeply understand the CEO’s goals, and protect his time accordingly
- Prioritize conflicting requests and needs and handle matters proactively, swiftly and to completion while meeting deadlines.
Provide operational support for the CEO’s initiatives
- You will be the difference between new ideas and projects being realized, or put off
- Monthly financial spreadsheet, operational metrics, and investor reports maintenance.
- Standard outreach via phone and email including basic email marketing.
- Customer business data/spreadsheet management and manipulation(s).
- CEO calendar management and appointment setting.
- Occasional and limited activities will include:
- Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Copy editing and email marketing setup.
- HR Administration.
- Member database administration.
- Website maintenance.
- Google Slides basic presentation formatting.
- Simple Customer account support.
- Bank account management.
What skills do I need?
- You have at least 2 years of Executive Assistant or related experience supporting an executive or business manager.
- You are ambitious, self motivated, persistent hustler who is keen to learn and improve.
- You’re able to initiate multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- You’re extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details and attentive to details
- You’re enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can.
- You are internet fluent and comfortable working in multiple software systems and Google Docs,.
- Database/system maintenance experience either in a CRM or other system.
- Strong command of basic Excel/Spreadsheet concepts e.g. comfortable with formulas and math.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and are an assertive communicator.
- Excited to operate in a startup/rapidly changing environment.
- Enthusiasm to step into a variety of tasks and hustle towards completion.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
- True team player with team first mentality
What are our Core Values?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.
There is a lot of freedom and many benefits in this role but if there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to me!
- Remote work from home.
- Competitive salary in a fast-growing start-up
- Health Insurance
- 3 weeks PTO & Holidays
- Annual compensation reviews – we will reward great work with bonuses!
- Potential equity participation.
- Potential profit sharing.