Membership Operations Manager
Community Benchmark is used by…
Job Title: Membership Operations Manager – Full Time
Reporting To: CEO & Founder
Primary Function: Own Community Benchmark customer data and operations. “Digitize” the consultant and utilize all the latest technologies to explain and engage the value of comparative data to the wine industry. This will include a variety of customer success, customer support, product management, and business data analysis activities.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Health benefits, 401k and open vacation policy. Equity participation included.
Contact: Email at email@example.com
Location: Santa Rosa, CA + Some Remote
Our purpose is to help small business communities thrive.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by delivering a service the wineries have wanted for a long time. Although sharing numbers with your peers and neighbors is a provocative concept, we have received unprecedented industry support and are rapidly becoming the wine industry standard.
We added over 100 wineries to our platform in 2018 and will at least double each year for the next three years.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble, curious, and accepting. Whether you build, market, sell or support and manage product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the Opportunity?
It’s extremely satisfying to bring someone new perspective on their business – especially when it’s a winery. Do you want to accelerate your Customer Success career in software and data by being given complete control in a new technology startup? Do you want to be part of a fast paced, no politics environment and have a huge impact on your company’s future? Do you love the challenges of creating/managing a small business and want to be a dynamic business leader?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story. Here is a 3 minute video to give you a feel for the product (minutes 12-15). I am building an authentic team with an invaluable mission. I am looking for a someone with entrepreneurial drive and deep customer empathy. We need you to drive definitive business value with our membership and build massively successful relationships through data driven insights. Let’s do this!
What will I be Doing?
Customer Success & Support:
- Create long lasting satisfaction for professionals at all points of their membership lifecycle in order to retain their business and grow revenue.
- Drive the value of our data through a myriad of automated CRM systems.
- Ensuring that all clients are understanding their unique data story and gaining insights.
- Respond to phone calls and emails to support adoption, usage and expansion within the member base
- New member on boarding and initial data analysis.
- Design and develop education and training systems.
- Find insights in usage analytics that drive product improvements.
- Manage product development
- Help articulate improved dashboard designs and data visuals
- Be our member advocate in all product meetings.
- Coordinate feature releases so that all stakeholders are engaged with evolving features and products.
- Drive innovative insights by researching and repackaging our data (and that of others) in new and valuable ways for distribution to current and prospective customers. (You will have data scientist support)
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 1 year years of Customer Success, Account Management, Account Support or related experience, preferably in software.
- Love of technology, automation, and the endless possibilities.
- Empathy for customer experience, and a desire to make customers successful
- Courageous, savvy, sensitive, and effective communicator.
- Understanding or previous use of CRM, Customer Success or Help software tools
- Excited to operate in a startup/rapidly changing environment.
- Enthusiasm to step into a variety of roles as we continue to launch nation wide with a small team.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
- True team player with team first mentality
What are our Core Values?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture, i.e. the way we act, feel, and treat each other and our members. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.
There is a lot of freedom and many benefits in this role but if there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to me!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Health benefits, 401k & Equity participation included.
- Regular compensation reviews – we will reward great work!
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Autonomy in all aspects of the work (including location) as we collaborate in a best idea wins environment
- Be a daily hero to our members by giving them new perspective.