Community Benchmark is used by…
Job Title: Account Executive
Reporting To: Founder
Primary Function: Acquire new Community Benchmark Members.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience including uncapped commission. Health benefits, 401k and 3 weeks paid time off. Equity participation included.
Location: Remote – bonus if you are in California or the West Coast.
Our purpose is to help small business communities thrive.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by delivering a service the wineries have wanted for years. Although sharing numbers with your peers and neighbors is a provocative concept, we have received unprecedented industry support and are rapidly becoming the wine industry standard. We now have multiple products and tiers – including Free – as we have expanded into more general point-of-sale reporting & goal achievement workflows.
We have over 500 member wineries on our platform with a goal of 1000.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble, curious, and accepting. We want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the Opportunity?
Our value to members increases each time we acquire a new member as we are developing a community with a network effect. This is your mission. Are you attracted to the wine industry and looking to join a new technology startup with tremendous “viralty?” Do you want to be part of a fast paced, no politics environment and have huge impact on your company’s future? Do you want to sell a groundbreaking product that will revolutionize an entire industry and potentially others?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story. I am looking for a someone with fire in the belly and some sales maverick to trail blaze. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor (almost), grow exponentially, and share handsomely in our success. Ideally, you will have a love of competition, metrics, and traveling to wine country. We need you to drive adoption so we can become the the report that the wine industry lives and dies by. Let’s do this.
What will I be Doing?
You will be selling into the wine industry primarily to hospitality professionals – which means delightful places to visit with an endlessly fun group of prospects.
- Build your own strategy to drive pipeline development.
- Listen to and empathize with various stakeholders at wineries to understand what challenges they face with their reporting and sales strategies.
- Convince winery operators to adopt better technology and goal achievement workflows.
- Manage the full sales cycle from lead generation to closure.
- Manage engaging outreach campaigns
- Can’t replace face to face so there will be some driving up and down Napa Valley and other wine regions.
- Attend conferences and other events to share knowledge and meet transit leaders.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to deliver an exceptional experience for our customers.
- Achieve and exceed revenue goals.
What skills do I need?
- Our ideal Account Executive will have 1-3 years of experience in a quota carrying role – bonus if in the wine industry!
- Have a track record of exceeding quota in your previous positions.
- Understand that a successful on-boarding of a customer is imperative – the sale is not over when the customer signs.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to foster internal feedback loops (i.e. between sales, marketing, product, customer success, etc.)
- Tech & Data savvy with a problem solvers mentality
What are our Core Values?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture, i.e. the way we act, feel, and treat each other and our members. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.
There is a lot of freedom and many benefits in this role but if there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to me!
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Health benefits, 401k & Equity participation included.
- Regular compensation reviews – we will reward great work!
- 3 weeks of paid time off and holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Autonomy in all aspects of the work (including location) as we collaborate in a best idea wins environment
- Frequent visits to some of the most attractive experiences in the world with some of the nicest, most hospitable people.