Business Development Representative
Community Benchmark is used by…
Job Title:Business Development Representative
Reporting To: CEO & Founder
Primary Function: Acquire new Community Benchmark members by managing the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close.
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience including uncapped commission. Health benefits, 401k and 3 weeks paid time off. Equity participation included.
Contact: Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Santa Rosa, CA + Remote
Our purpose is to help small business communities thrive.
We’re changing the wine industry forever by delivering a service the wineries have wanted for a long time. Although sharing numbers with your peers is a provocative concept, we have received unprecedented industry support and are rapidly becoming the wine industry standard.
We currently have 126 wineries on our platform and will at least double each year for the next two years.
We are deeply passionate about helping winery communities make more confident and effective decisions driven by data. We are incredibly ambitious and competitive, yet humble and curious. Whether you build, market, sell or support and manage product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the Opportunity?
Our value to members increases each time we acquire a new member as we are developing a community with a network effect. This is your mission. Are you attracted to the wine industry and looking to join a new technology startup with tremendous “viralty?” Do you want to be part of a fast paced, no politics environment and have huge impact on your company’s future? Do you want to sell a groundbreaking product that will revolutionize an entire industry and potentially others?
If the answer is yes to the above, you may have found your dream job and we may have found our dream hire.
I’m John, the Founder of Community Benchmark. I’ve done this before and here is my story. Here is a 3 minute video to give you a feel for the product (minutes 12-15). I am looking for a someone with fire in the belly and some sales maverick to trail blaze. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor (almost), grow exponentially, and share handsomely in our success. Ideally, you will have a love of competition, metrics, and the entrepreneurial dream. We need you to drive adoption so we can become the the report that the wine industry lives and dies by. Let’s do this.
What will I be Doing?
You will be selling into the wine industry primarily to hospitality professionals – which means delightful places to visit with an endlessly fun group of prospects.
- You’ll manage the full sales cycle from lead qualification to closure.
- You’ll be running outreach campaigns, converting leads to demos and demos to close.
- Many wineries prefer in person demos so there will be some driving up and down Napa Valley.
- You’ll be managing your own pipeline of business and forecasting.
- You’ll creatively present and handle objections from prospective clients
- Learn and leverage state of the art CRM tools and sales automation to constantly make yourself more efficient
- Strategizing and directing much of your own processes
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- 2+ years in a closing role
- Track record of hitting or exceeding quota
- Deliver killer online and in person presentations
- The ability to write crisp emails and present with a great phone presence
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition
- Bonus: Knowledge and experience in the wine industry.
What are our Core Values?
We are building a strong team with a strong company culture, i.e. the way we act, feel, and treat each other and our members. Here are our Core Values:
- Crush it – compete to win and create wins for our team and members.
- Balance – work smart, valuable output is greatest measure, have a life outside of the office.
- Candor – always strive for open, honest, direct but supportive communication (with team and members)
- Speed – imperfectly done is better than perfectly undone, maintain strong pace, grow fast.
There is a lot of freedom and many benefits in this role but if there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to me!
- Competitive salary, uncapped commission, and meaningful equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Health benefits, 401k & Equity participation included.
- Regular compensation reviews – we will reward great work!
- 3 weeks of paid time off and holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Autonomy in all aspects of the work (including location) as we collaborate in a best idea wins environment
- Frequent visits to some of the most attractive experiences in the world with some of the nicest, most hospitable people.